Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Best Place to Get A Facial Done In PJ

A few weeks ago I was undecided on whether to have a facial or not. It had been two years since my last facial. I skip these things when I'm pregnant. It was 5 months into my new job and with a fourth baby on board, things were not looking great for my skin despite using a pretty expensive anti-aging cream which made me look (or was supposed to make me look 15 years younger), true, at the very beginning I was often mistaken as a medical student. Now that I've pretty much done away with the white coat, that case of mistaken identity happens less often.

So out of the blue, baby happened to be settled and the other kids were reasonably content, I dashed out to of the house with the objective of getting a facial done. I headed for one of the shops in the shoplot of this well known international skincare brand, thinking that this usual outlet was pretty quiet and chances of getting a facial done here are pretty good without an appointment. "We close at 6pm" said one of the girls with a pretty face at the counter. It was 5.30pm. My hopes were dashed. The initial excitement of getting prime parking just opposite the entrance quashed. I asked for a business card and was told that I need to make an appointment. No walk-ins please.

I looked at the card and tried calling for the same brand shop but in a favourite nearby (sort off) mall. That was even worse. Weekday facials need 1 day advance booking and weekend facials at least 3 days in advance to secure an appointment. Appointments don't really work for me because baby is unpredictable.

So then I remembered seeing a sign for facial at another shopping mall. I wouldn't call it a favourite shopping mall, because it is rather old, but parking is free and is has some advantages compared to favourite shopping mall no1. I looked at the clock and decided to try my luck.

I walked in and yes, the lady at the counter was very happy to give me a facial without an appointment! Great! My kind of facial.

The decor was a bit worn out but it was clean. There was no locker or place to keep my belongings, I just placed them next to me on the couch. There was no need to change into other clothing like the 'place that I usually went for facials but could not give me a facial without an appointment'. So I was a bit apprehensive.

The lady looked at my skin and said it looked dry and tired. She made some recommendations and I went with whatever it was. At the end of the 1 hour plus session, I felt great. The products were locally made. The owner of the shop was a Kelantanese. I felt the pressure applied for massage was a bit too much, but I didn't complain. The next morning I stood at the mirror and I could appreciate the difference in my skin.

I remember initially thinking that I was not going to bother with facials. I mounted my exercise bike and decided to look up "why we need to do facials" on my phone, and lo and behold one read one website which said something to the same effect "We need to have facials because daily skincare, like brushing your teeth, which must be done daily, can never have the same effect as deep cleansing that the dentist can give for your teeth".Reading that made me jump off the bike, change into outside clothing and quickly dash out in search of a facial, walk in.

Yesterday, a few weeks later, I arrived at favourite shopping mall no2 sort off, earlier than planned for an appointment. So I decided to have a quick facial. I met with the owner (recognised her Kelantanese accent, and she had beautiful skin), and went straight in. What I like is that the lady gave me a good "about 20-30 minutes express facial", at my request. I don't think 'the usual place where I had gotten most of my facials before this' would be able to cater to such demands. And so, I am very happy to recommend this shop as the place to go for facials.



No comments:

Post a Comment