Sunday, November 1, 2015

Looking for a Photo Shop in PJ After Hours? I Recommend the one in Jalan SS5B/4

A few days ago I was at ends wit. The deadline for the submission of teaching permit was around the corner because of the accreditation and guess what, I forgot that I had to submit three passport sized photo's. Months earlier I had brought my certificates and letters from previous employers stating that I had experience teaching in a higher learning institution. But I forgot the pictures.

So I went out after 8pm because I wanted Baby to sleep first. The first photo shop nearby was already closed about 10 past eight. Just as well, the road was a very narrow slip and parking was not easy. This is near Jalan 222. So I remembered going to a shop in Section 14 maybe 20 years ago, near Joo Hua, to get passport pic taken. Headed that direction immediately. It was around 8.30pm when I got there, section 14 you have to go around the McDonalds because of the one-way streets. Traffic is always kind of crazy in that area with people double parking as the norm. Sadly, second store was also closed.

Then I remembered some 4 years ago now, I went to a photograph shop in Kelana Jaya. My second son had missed his graduation photo session at the kindy and the teacher had given me the gown plus hat and scroll, and I had to take him on my own to the store for his picture taken. If not, there would be no graduation picture for kindy (horrors). At that time I was busy with my previous full time job and three kids, so having to do something extra was a chore, an unfortunate chore back then. My son had taken ill during the original photo session. As soon as he was well, we went to the shop for his moment. There was no waze back then so it took some time to find the place.

It those desperate moments, the memory of the photo shop came back. It was 8.40pm and time wasn't on my side. I decided to try anyway. Nothing to lose. I googled for photo shop PJ half way there and an address in section 14 came up instead. I decided to forgot about that and continue to Kelana Jaya.

The moment I arrived, the shop had its doors open with lights still on but they had drawn the covers partially. I parked quickly (there were ample parking spaces) and clocked had ticked 9pm. I made a dash for it and asked as soon as I entered the shop whether they could do passport photos. A lady answered, is it for passport she enquired and I said not really, its just for teaching permit which required 3 photos with blue background. The lady was happy to help and said that they were almost closed. With the CD it would cost RM15. Yay!

I sat down at the back of the shop after some adjustment of lights and seating and had two shots taken. Ok lah. No make up. The natural look. Lack of sleep because of baby and work. I like it, sort of.

It only took a few minutes and I was out of there, one satisfied customer.



No comments:

Post a Comment