Friday, October 4, 2013

The advantages of being an introvert

Let's face it. I'm an introvert living in an extroverts world. I used to think there was something really wrong with me and for the most part, I did things to change who I am.

When I was a little girl I was so shy, I didn't know how to make friends and what to say to people. I hated going to school because you have to be with other people, that was part of the reason any way.
Reading this book helped me accept who I am, and that it's actually good to be an introvert. It definitely has its advantages. But the biggest benefit I think for me is that it gives me a better perspective raising my children.

Of course through out the years my training initially in medicine and later in business forces you to change somewhat, and you pick up the necessary skills to make small talk and to do other courageous things like stand up and address a large group of people or public speak. Actually, I took up the post as a lecturer part of the reason was to overcome my fear of public speaking. And now I find I enjoy the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment