Saturday, June 11, 2016

Black seed oil and paste or habbatus sauda

Black seed paste costs RM89 for 500mg
When I decided a few weeks back to buy the Palestinian olive oil soap, I also thought of selling Palestinian products as a means to help strengthen the Palestinian economy and indirectly, the Palestinian cause.

So I ordered one of each item sold. One jar of honey, one bar of olive oil soap, one bottle of premium POEVOO or Palestinian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and one bottle of black seed oil. To be honest, I have never bought or eaten black seed oil before that in the form of food supplement. Maybe I have eaten black seed that was used in preparation of food, but definitely not like this. My first encounter was when we went for Hajj in 2012 and a relative asked us to buy black seed or habbatus saudah and bring it back, which my husband did.

Honestly, I love the Palestinian honey. I do take honey and have eaten different varieties before. I certainly can appreciate the unique taste of the Palestine honey. 

Olive oil too, I love to take with food. I do eat olive oil with sandwiches and meals even before coming across the Palestinian produce.

And soap, of course everyone uses soap, but this is the first time I am using organic and traditionally made olive oil soap from Palestine. In the beginning, I did not appreciate it, but after the first bar finished and I was waiting for the second to arrive, I then realized how different other soaps feel.

I am still learning a lot about black seeds or Nigella Sativa, the other day I read an article about the health benefits which are quite diverse but obviously will need further clinical research.

Here I just want to add a few notes as I go along for my readers and my own future reference.

Some quotes from my FB post by Shirali Shuib:

In ancient Egypt...

"ancient Egyptians used the black seed and described it as a panacea (cure for problems and diseases) ..

Tutankamun even had a bottle of the oil in his tomb"

In the Bible...

"Nigella Sativa (often called black cumin, in Arabic as Habbat-ul-Baraka (Blessed Seed) and in English as Love in the Mist) .. also mentioned in the Bible in Isiah 28:25-27 as the ‘fitches’ ..

"When he has leveled the surface, does he not sow caraway a
nd scatter cumin? Does he not plant wheat in its place,barley in its plot,and spelt in its field? .. 

.. 26 His God instructs him and teaches him the right way ..

.. 27 Caraway is not threshed with a sledge, nor is the wheel of a cart rolled over cumin; caraway is beaten out with a rod, and cumin with a stick"

Contents...

"contains over 100 valuable nutrients. It is comprised of approximately 21% protein, 38% carbohydrates, and 35% plant fats and oils ..

.. active ingredients are nigellone, thymoquinone, and fixed oils 


Black seed also contains significant proportions of protein, carbohydrates and essential fatty acids ..

Other ingredients include linoleic acid, oleic acid, calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, magnesium, selenium, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin B2, niacin, and vitamin C .."

In the hadith...

"Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him). I heard Allah's Apostle saying ..

.. "There is healing in Black Cumin for all diseases except death" ..

(Sahih Bukhari 7:71:592)"

My first order of Habbatus sauda paste quickly sold out. Certainly I did not anticipate such a response. Need to order more.


1 comment:

  1. How is the paste different from the oil? Which form is most potent?
    What country are your seeds from? Thank you

    ReplyDelete