Thursday, December 6, 2018

What to do if withdraw money from ATM but no money comes out

So this morning I went to the bank to get some cash. The usual, nothing unusual about it.

Put in card, everything as usual.

Then machine said remove card and wait for money, I removed my card and waited quite a long time. Longer than the usual time and most of the time by then could hear the machine counting the money before it is presented for collection, BUT THE MONEY NEVER CAME.

Ok I thought, don't panic. Looked at the receipt, its as if the transaction actually went through.

Ok, now I was a bit angry.

So I tried to withdraw again but a smaller amount of money, and ok, the money came. And I tried again. Ok.

So I got in the car and checked my online banking and guess what, yes, money recorded as withdrawn. So I immediately called the number on the card.

It was a bit frustrating, first a machine. Select this and that number. Finally got through to a human.

I didn't realise how exasperated I sounded until the lady said "ok, don't worry, we will check it out and refund the money if it happened".

So after hearing that I pun ok sikit, not so stressed so early in the morning. Yes, it has been a pretty rough 2 weeks with no maid, me working, hubby working, part time helpers coming in and out. The house is a mess and then this.

So after giving some details and they checked the location etc. Report made but will take about 7 working days for the money to be refunded.

Ok lah.

Will be keeping a tab.

Update: One day later I received an sms saying that the money had been refunded. Checked my account and yes, confirmed. Refund gone through. Thank God.

Image may contain: indoor
Picture for illustration purposes only

No comments:

Post a Comment