Sunday, November 10, 2013

How to run faster...

I am pretty comfortable with the idea of running long distance. What should I do now?
In terms of goals my ultimate was to run a full marathon. I was planning to run one or two in Malaysia and then proceed to an international race.
(Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, so much has happened since. 7 years I believe have passed, I was pregnant and stopped running for a while, OBGYN said not good for pelvic floor. Masa pregnant banyak jalan dan cycle on static bike sahaja for exercise.

Now 2020, kalau lari banyak miles macam dulu sakit lutut so I only run 2km alternate days. I still enjoy running Alhamdulillah. Yang paling tak best masa PKP/MCO covid is tak boleh jogging. Masa dibenarkan terus petang tu juga jogging pakai mask haha, lepas tu dia orang announce, jogging tak payah pakai mask. Nasib tak pengsan haha.

So nowadays just jog for fun, takde nak join mana-mana event lah. No point kalau sakit lutut etc memang tak berbaloi. Just run to enjoy and also cardio exercise for the heart. Cardio workouts kat youtube pun best tapi nothing beats running outside la, fresh air, scenery. Memang kena buat as a variety in type of exercise. I dah tak aim for any event or speed, just want to enjoy running forever...

But I'll leave some notes for others...)
So, in summary, what I can remember and incorporate into my training to increase speed is something like this:
1) Be consistent in training, run the same amount of miles/km per week every week. Any reduction in distance will result in a step backward in fitness level.
2) To gain strength/become faster incorporate sprints in certain training sessions, the sprints for a distance or time is followed by recovery or rest before the next one.
3) Include running uphill into some of the training to increase strength.
4) Tempo run is running at an increased speed without and breaks.
This is fun. I love variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment