Thursday, November 14, 2013

How Motivational Books Can Help Medical Students...


More from my inbox...

"Salam, Dr Mazlyn,

We met Prof X yesterday, the official meeting is tomorrow morning. He said it all depends on us either to proceed or change. Classes and CA doesn't give carry marks. But he will point which CA we should attend to check our progress and make sure we are studying.

It makes me confused either to stay or not. I asked to see the marks but he said it is confi...dential. Is medical school like that? We can only know our grade without knowing which part we really need to improve? Perhaps because after all, we still have to know everything to practise.

Me and my two friends stick to our decision to continue in medicine and give it our best in this one year. We agreed that we haven't gone all out. Surely, we need to change our attitude.

Honestly, I'll say that I didn't study much. Not as hardworking as I was during SPM. Perhaps I enjoyed my university life too much. No one to scold me. None to say this and that compared to when I live in hostel. And it give me time to enjoy and I've abused using the internet. Now, I really have to grow up and learn to do everything on my own.

I don't know who should to ask opinion. I hope u can help. My family said it depends on me to proceed or to change. My sponsor too".

We met up, I gave these x-students some books. This was followed by the message below:

"I actually want to hear your opinion whether to continue medicine or change course. Which one would be better.

But after reading your books, I decided to repeat year.

To be honest, you already helped me a lot and I just want to share what I keep to myself. I rarely share with others not even friends or family. I don't want to burden others.

Your books give me idea how to move on and I plan on having my own motivational books collection".

Me: That's great. Istikharah prayer is also good for divine guidance.

"If I am burdening you this time, sorry and thanks. Your personality/background make me comfortable to share".

Me: Not at all, just busy, sorry for the late reply. (The last line made me think).
— with Adibah Razak and 15 others.See More

No comments:

Post a Comment